Am I entitled to commission payments if I've resigned and left the company?

Last updated 14 Aug 2023

If your dispute involves commission payment, you need to first determine if such payment is stated in your employment contract. The quantum of payment, how and when the final commission payment is made will depend on what is in your employment contract or existing policies or practices in your company.

Some employees depend on their commission to form a significant part of their salary. As such, the amount of commission provided and how the payment will be made should be discussed and agreed in writing between employers and employees.

If there is a dispute regarding the calculation and payment of your commission, you are encouraged to first seek clarification from your employer or the company’s human resources department. 
If you are owed commission that is provided for in your employment contract, you may file a claim with TADM.

Was this answer helpful?