(For employers) File a notice-pay claim for mediation
If you wish to recover notice pay from a former employee, first try to resolve the issue with them directly. If it cannot be resolved, use this service to file your claim for mediation.
Things to note
|Who can file||Company’s CorpPass user.|
|Registration fees for mediation||
Fees are not refundable and are based on the claim amount declared when you file.
You can pay by:
|How long it takes||
Within 3 working days of payment, you will receive an email from TADM on the next steps of the dispute resolution process.
You need to file within 6 months of the employee’s last day of employment.
You should first attempt to recover the notice pay from your former employee. For example, by sending them a letter to recover the payment.
Give them a reasonable period to respond. If there is no response, you may then file your claim for mediation.
Your CorpPass admin user or sub-admin user needs to:
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the assigned eServices tab. You should see Employment Standards Online (ESOL) listed as one of your assigned eServices.
If ESOL is not listed as one of your assigned e-Services, please ask your CorpPass admin user or sub-admin user to assign the eService to you.
You will need:
- Former employee’s details e.g. NRIC or FIN, contact details.
- Credit or debit card details or internet banking user ID and PIN for payment.
Supporting documents to upload:
- Resignation or termination letter (where applicable), or proof of attempt to recover notice pay.
- Key employment terms or employment contract.
- Salary payment records for recent past few months.