(For unions) File a claim on behalf of member
For trade and industrial unions to file a salary-related employment claims or wrongful dismissal claim on behalf of member.
Things to note
|Who can file||
|Filing fees for mediation||
Fees are not refundable and are based on the claim amount declared when you file.
You can pay online by:
Kiosk at TADM Service Centres during operating hours (Visa or MasterCard credit or debit cards, NETS Card, NETS Flashpay, NETS QR Payment, EZ-Link)
Note: We do not accept cash payment.
Payment must be made within 3 days from the date of filing. If payment is not received within 3 days, the claim will be purged and you will need to refile the claim.
|How long it takes||
Within 3 working days of successful payment, you will receive an email from TADM on the next steps of the dispute resolution process.
The union can file for a member’s salary-related claims and/or wrongful dismissal claims, such as:
- Overtime pay
- Paid leave or sick leave
- Bonuses, commission or deductions
The union will need to file within these periods for the following claims:
|Nature of claim||When to file a claim by|
|Salary-related employment claims||
|Wrongful dismissal claims||
To file, the union will need:
- Company’s contact details.
- Union official’s contact details.
- Union member’s personal and employment details. Include a copy of their employment contract if available.
- Brief description of the dispute.
- Credit or debit card details or internet banking user ID and PIN for payment.
for detailed instructions on using this service.