MOM, NTUC and WSH Council Partner Industry Associations in Calling for an STO Amid Spate of Accidents
10 May 2022 AnnouncementsIn April 2022, there was a spate of 10 workplace fatalities across various industries . This exceeds the number of fatalities for the same period since 2016. Preliminary investigations revealed that most of these fatalities were due to a lack of basic control measures and could be easily prevented with adequate controls and adhering to safe work procedures.
The Ministry of Manpower, National Trades Union Congress, Workplace Safety and Health Council have partnered with various industry associations to rally companies to conduct a Safety Time-Out (STO) from 9 May, in particular for work at height and safe use of machinery such as forklifts. The participating associations are:
1. Association of Process Industry;
2. Association Of Property and Facility Managers;
3. Association of Singapore Marine Industries;
4. Singapore Contractors Association Limited;
5. Singapore International Facility Management Association.
6. Singapore Logistics Association; and
7. Singapore Manufacturing Federation;
Read the press release jointly issued by MOM and WSH Council.
Look out for more details on the STO Forum 2022 which will be broadcast on the WSH Council’s Facebook on 19 May.
Download these resources to share with all your workers for your STOs:
• Safety Time Out Sample Checklist for Pre-Operation of Forklifts
• WSH Guidelines on Safe Operation of Forklift Trucks
• Forklift Safety Pack
• 6 Basic WSH Rules for Safe Forklift Operation
•Safe Use of Forklift Trucks checklist
Work at Height Safety
• Safety Time Out Sample Checklist for Working at Height
• Code of Practice for Working Safely at Heights
• Work at Heights Kit
• WSH Guidelines for Working Safely on Roofs
• Activity Based Checklist on Working on Rooftops
• WSH Guidelines on Personal Protective Equipment for Work at Heights
• WSH Guidelines on Anchorage, Lifelines and Temporary Edge Protection Systems
• Ladder Safety Pack
• Safe Use of Ladders Checklist