StartSAFE is a programme that helps companies identify and manage workplace safety and health risks.
StartSAFE is a free programme that helps small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to identify WSH risks and implement good WSH practices.
Who May Apply
You may apply for StartSAFE if you are a SME.
Please note that this programme is on a first come, first served basis.
Through StartSAFE, you will:
- Understand your legal obligations under the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Act;
- Receive professional advice and hands-on guidance on how to improve WSH lapses; and
- Receive a WSH report that includes Total WSH recommendations to improve your workers' safety and health.
StartSAFE consists of 2 parts. It takes approximately 4 hours to complete. As part of the programme, approved WSH Professionals will visit your company to offer advice.
In the first part of the programme, the approved WSH Professional will:
- Give you an overview of the WSH Act and WSH (Risk Management) Regulations;
- Discuss your organisation's WSH concerns with you; and
- Guide your management representative to develop a WSH Policy and Safe Work Procedures.
In the second part of the programme, the approved WSH Professional will:
- Go through the training materials on risk management and risk assessment;
- Introduce the Total WSH approach as part of RM and guide your company representative to complete a Total WSH Assessment;
- Conduct a walk-through assessment to identify WSH lapses; and
- Guide you in the completion of at least 1 risk assessment and recommend control measures.
How to ApplyRegistration is now open. Register your interest in the StartSAFE programme. Eligible companies will be contacted by our appointed WSH professionals.
For more information
Read the START Your Safety and Health @ Work guide for SMEs (PDF).