StartSAFE is a programme that helps companies identify and manage workplace safety and health risks.
StartSAFE is a free programme that helps SMEs to identify WSH risks and implement good WSH practices, and to motivate them to join bizSAFE and continue their journey in creating safe and healthy workplaces.
Who May Apply
You may apply for StartSAFE if you are:
- A Small and Medium Enterprise (SME);
- From the low to medium risk industry sectors; and
- Not bizSAFE recognised.
Please note that this programme is on a first come, first served basis.
Through StartSAFE, you will:
- Understand your legal obligations under the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Act;
- Receive professional advice and hands-on guidance on how to improve WSH lapses;
- Receive advice on the implementation of Safe Management Measures (SMM); and
- Receive a WSH report that includes Total WSH recommendations to improve your workers' safety and health.
You will be awarded a bizSAFE Level 2 Certificate once you successfully complete this programme.
StartSAFE consists of 2 parts. It takes approximately 4 hours to complete. As part of the programme, approved WSH Professionals will visit your company to offer advice.
In the first part of the programme, the approved WSH Professional will:
- Introduce you to the WSH Council and its programmes, namely StartSAFE and bizSAFE;
- Give you an overview of the WSH Act and WSH (Risk Management) Regulations;
- Discuss your organisation's WSH concerns with you;
- Guide your management representative to develop a WSH Policy and Safe Work Procedures; and
- Share on Safe Management Measures at the workplace.
In the second part of the programme, the approved WSH Professional will:
- Go through the training materials on risk management and risk assessment;
- Introduce the Total WSH approach as part of RM and guide your company representative to complete a Total WSH Assessment;
- Conduct a walk-through assessment to identify WSH lapses; and
- Guide you in the completion of at least 1 risk assessment and recommend control measures.
How to ApplyRegistration is now closed.
For more information
Read the START Your Safety and Health @ Work guide for SMEs (PDF).