New and Revised Singapore Standards
12 Jul 2023 AnnouncementsThe following Singapore Standards were recently updated following the publication of the latest WSH (Approved Codes of Practice) Notification in October 2022:
• [Confirmed] ACOP SS ISO 45001: 2018(2023) Occupational health and safety management systems – Requirements with guidance for use
• [Revised] SS 548:2022 Code of practice for the selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective devices
• [Revised] ACOP SS 551:2022 Code of practice for earthing
• [Revised] ACOP SS 570-1: 2022 Personal protective equipment for protection against falls from a height – Part 1: Single-point anchor devices
• [Revised] ACOP SS 570-2: 2022 Personal protective equipment for protection against falls from a height – Part 2: Flexible horizontal lifeline systems
• [Revised] ACOP SS 586-2: 2022 Specification for hazard communication for hazardous chemicals and dangerous goods – Part 2: Globally harmonised system of classification and labelling of chemicals – Singapore’s adaptations
• [Revised] ACOP SS 586-3: 2022 Specification for hazard communication for hazardous chemicals and dangerous goods – Part 3: Preparation of safety data sheets (SDS)
• [Amended] Amendment No. 1 to ACOP SS 638:2018 Code of practice for electrical installations
Companies are advised to refer to the updated Singapore Standards once they are available.
A new WSH-related Singapore Standard was recently published:
• [New] SS 691:2022 Code of practice for shore-based mooring and unmooring activities
This standard covers basic safety principles that can be applied to mooring and unmooring activities in general. Additionally, it contains precautions that can be taken to ensure safe mooring operations for several common types of mooring and unmooring procedures.
For more information on any of the above standards, visit the Singapore Standards e-shop.
The WSH Council strongly encourages industries to adopt Singapore Standards that are relevant to their businesses.