About the Jurong Island Vision Zero Cluster
The Jurong Island Vision Zero Cluster is the first in Singapore, formed by industry stakeholders in Jurong Island as a collective commitment towards a Vision Zero mindset.
Given the close proximity and working relationship between manufacturers, suppliers, contractors, and partners within Jurong Island, organisations are encouraged to join and collectively raise WSH standards on Jurong Island to maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
The cluster is championed by the following group of companies, representing the process and supporting industries, that proactively advocate safety and health at work on Jurong Island:
• Association of Process Industry
• ExxonMobil Singapore Chemical Plant
• Lucite International Singapore Pte Ltd
• Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore (Private) Limited
• Poh Tiong Choon Logistics Ltd
• Sembcorp Utilities Pte Ltd
• Shell Chemicals Seraya Pte Ltd
• Singapore Chemical Industry Council
• Singapore Refining Company Pte Ltd
• Vopak Terminals Singapore Pte Ltd
More than 60 companies have joined the Jurong Island Vision Zero Cluster. See the list of companies that are committed to Vision Zero Movement on Jurong Island.
Refer to the table below to learn more about the attributes of Vision Zero companies.
|| Example of how they advocate WSH
||They implement pre-emptive measures instead of responding after incidents happen. For example, they implement behavioural-based safety programmes to identify and manage at-risk behaviours and unsafe conditions before accidents occur.
||They come up with multi-pronged and comprehensive solutions to prevent an accident from happening again. For example, they put in place measures that address the different factors that have contributed to an accident.
||They believe that all incidents can be prevented instead of regarding incidents as statistical occurrences. For example, they implement near-miss reporting systems to prevent near-misses from escalating into accidents.
|Encourage collective ownership
||They encourage key stakeholders to take ownership of WSH. For example, they involve supply chain partners and contractors in WSH-related programmes and events.
|Go beyond compliance
||They go the extra mile and do more than what is legally required. For example, they go beyond risk management to implement WSH Management systems.
Who Should Join
You should join the cluster if you:
- Operate on Jurong Island; or
- Are a contractor of an organisation operating on Jurong Island.
Why You Should Join
As a member of the cluster, you can:
- Join cluster-exclusive WSH learning journeys;
- Learn from sharing sessions on WSH best practices; and
- Receive WSH-related news and developments (WSH insights).
How to Join
You may join the cluster by registering your interest online:
Join the Jurong Island Vision Zero Cluster.
For More Information
Major Hazardous Installation
ISSA Vision Zero
Association of Process Industry (ASPRI)
Singapore Chemical Industry Council
United Workers Of Petroleum Industry
Jurong Island Vision Zero stickers
Jurong Island Vision Zero banner