A one-stop resource page for employers and individuals to learn more about the upcoming Workplace Fairness Legislation and what to expect.
The Government has accepted the recommendations by the Tripartite Committee on Workplace Fairness for the Workplace Fairness Legislation (WFL). It is a significant step in building fairer and more harmonious workplaces and sends a strong signal that there is no place for workplace discrimination in Singapore. This will benefit both workers and employers.
At the same time, the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP) will be retained and enhanced to work in concert with legislation, to uphold overarching principles of fair and merit-based employment.
More details can be found here:
- Tripartite Committee on Workplace Fairness Final Report
- Infographic: Building Fairer and More Harmonious Workplaces
- MOM Press Release (4 Aug 2023): "Government Accepts Tripartite Committee’s Final Recommendations For Workplace Fairness Legislation"
- NTUC Press Release (4 Aug 2023): "Legislating Workplace Fairness: Government Accepts Tripartite Committee’s Final Recommendations"
- SNEF Press Release (4 Aug 2023): "Remarks by Dr Robert Yap, President, Singapore National Employers Federation at the Tripartite Committee on Workplace Fairness Final Report Press Conference"
This page will be updated whenever more information and resources become available.