Discuss and Document Key Contract Terms
Before any product or service is delivered, you should discuss and agree on the following terms:
- Names of contracting parties.
- Each party's obligations, such as nature of services to be provided (e.g., outcome; output; duration; location)
- Payment due for each product or service (or part thereof).
- Due date of payments (e.g., a fixed number of days after the SEP issues an invoice for delivered services or milestones, or periodic payments for services rendered during that period).
- If applicable, how either party can vary the key terms or terminate the agreement (e.g., by mutual agreement)
- If applicable, how each party can resolve and mediate disputes, without it being a barrier to either party bringing any dispute directly to the Small Claims Tribunals.
The document of agreed terms, or the contract, should be sent to the SEP in hard or soft copy for agreement in writing.