Speech by Mr Stephen Lee, Chairman, Tripartite Alliance Limited, at TAA 2023 Presentation Ceremony
08 Nov 2023Speeches
Dr Tan See Leng, Minister for Manpower,
Dr Robert Yap, President, Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF),
Mr Ng Chee Meng, Secretary-General, NTUC
Mr Zaqy Mohamad, Senior Minister of State for Manpower
Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen,
- Welcome to the Tripartite Alliance Award Presentation Ceremony, and thank you for joining us today.
- As we transition into the endemic phase, we are thrilled to see the Award preparations back in full swing. I am pleased to say that we were able to conduct in-person site visits for this year's Award.
- I am glad to share that we received a resounding response from the employers for this year’s award.
- A total of 116 companies participated. There were 46 finalists shortlisted and 31 winners. This means we saw an increase of 45% in the applications and an increase of almost 50% in winners!
- It is heartening that more organisations see the importance and value of having fair and inclusive workplaces and being exemplary employers to our employees, who are valuable assets and pillars of their organisations.
- Throughout the pandemic, employers faced encountered a range of complex challenges, including the management of costs for business sustainability, the retention and attraction of talent, and economic uncertainties.
- Our winners overcame these obstacles and emerged stronger than before. This is no easy feat. Their accomplishment is commendable. They showed great strength in their journey as exemplary employers and that they can be progressive regardless of size and circumstances.
- To the winners, my heartiest congratulations on your well-deserved success! Winning the Tripartite Alliance award is a testament to your exceptional dedication and commitment to building progressive workplaces for all. I wish you continued growth and success in your business. May you continue to inspire us and be positive role models for other employers.
- Before I end, I would also like to thank the judging panel, led by Professor Annie Koh, and the team at TAFEP for making today's event possible.
- Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the evening.