Step 1: Establish the Need
Work-life strategy is a business strategy. Do build this as part of your organisation’s workforce and talent strategy and obtain top management’s buy-in.
Many organisations have implemented work‐life programmes for one or more of the following reasons:
- Attracting and/or retaining key talent
- Increasing morale, productivity and commitment
- Reducing costs (e.g. real estate and overhead expenses)
- Responding to changing employee needs
- Becoming an Employer of Choice
When seeking management support for flexible work arrangements, you should review essential business requirements and demonstrate how your team can meet these. Set realistic targets and a timeframe to achieve these targets.