Work-Life Ambassador Scheme Guidelines
Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct for Work-Life Ambassadors aims to ensure that all volunteers understand the standard of conduct required. Appointed Work-Life Ambassadors will always need to uphold the Code of Conduct when carrying out their duties as a Work-Life Ambassador for TAFEP.
Work-Life Ambassadors are expected to:
- To be aligned with TAFEP’s work-life philosophy and familiarise themselves with the work-life resources available at TAFEP to support employers and employees.
- Be willing and able to participate in activities such as media interviews, speaking engagements and sharing of their work-life knowledge and experiences on other platforms, as their schedule allows.
- Be present for confirmed engagements and appointments, or to inform TAFEP as early as possible, in the event of unforeseen cancellations.
- Carry out their duties responsibly, safely and to the best of their ability.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information obtained while volunteering with TAFEP.
- Act in any way that may create liability for TAFEP or bring the organisation into disrepute.
- Disclose confidential information to unauthorised persons.
- Use TAFEP property, resources, information or funds for any purpose other than authorised uses.
- Seek or accept payment, rewards, benefits or gifts without authorisation from TAFEP. As this is a voluntary position, there will be no fees paid for any engagements undertaken as a Work-Life Ambassador.
- Use any engagement as a marketing opportunity for other products and services, apart from those that TAFEP offers, or to solicit business in any manner.
Work-Life Ambassadors are expected not to:
Conflict of Interest:
Volunteers are expected to avoid situations which may have a conflict of interest with the organisation (e.g. other commitments, competing roles in other organisations). If any potential area of conflict arises, please consult with TAFEP.