What is the process on the TADM ODR portal like?
Last updated 14 Oct 2021
The ODR process consists of two stages: e-Negotiation and e-Mediation.
Stage 1. e-Negotiation
- During this stage, the mediator is not involved.
- Employees and employers are strongly encouraged to reach an amicable settlement within 8 days. They can do so by accepting a proposal or making a counter-proposal. This will save the time and cost of having to go through mediation subsequently.
- Employee and employer can upload documents to support their cases.
- If a financial settlement is reached at this stage, the responding party will be instructed to make the agreed payment to the party seeking a claim within 2 weeks.
- If no payment is made within 2 weeks, the party seeking a claim can email TADM via email@example.com. A mediator will then be assigned to follow up on the case.
Stage 2. e-Mediation
- Should the dispute remain unresolved after e-Negotiation has ended, the assigned mediator will conduct mediation on the portal.
- The mediator may conclude the case at e-mediation stage or schedule an in-person mediation session.
Was this answer helpful?