(For unions) File a claim for an Ordinary Branch member
For industrial unions to file a salary-related or wrongful dismissal claim on behalf of an Ordinary Branch member.
Things to note
|Who can file||Industrial unions, on behalf of a union member.|
|Registration fees for mediation||
Fees are not refundable and are based on the claim amount declared when you file.
You can pay by:
Payment must be made within 3 days from the date you filed your claim for it to be deemed successful.
|How long it takes||
Within 3 working days of successful payment, you will receive an email from TADM on the next steps of the dispute resolution process.
The union can file for a member’s salary-related claims and/or wrongful dismissal claims, such as:
- Overtime pay
- Paid leave or sick leave
- Bonuses, commission or deductions
The union will need to file within these periods for the following claims:
|Nature of claim||When to file a claim by|
|Wrongful dismissal claims||
Your CorpPass admin user or sub-admin user needs to:
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the assigned eServices tab. You should see Employment Standards Online (ESOL) listed as one of your assigned eServices.
If ESOL is not listed as one of your assigned e-Services, please ask your CorpPass admin user or sub-admin user to assign the eService to you.
To file, the union will need:
- Company’s contact details.
- Union official’s contact details.
- Union member’s personal and employment details. Include a copy of their employment contract if available.
- Brief description of the dispute.
- Credit or debit card details or internet banking user ID and PIN for payment.