You may visit the Ministry of Manpower if you have general queries on the Employment Act.
(For unions) File a claim for a General Branch member
For trade unions to file a salary-related or wrongful dismissal claim on behalf of a General Branch member.
Things to note
Trade unions, on behalf of a union member.
The union can file for a member’s salary-related and/or wrongful dismissal, such as:
- Salary and other statutory employment benefits.
- Breach of terms of individual employment contracts.
- Retrenchment benefits.
- Re-employment disputes.
The union will need to file within these periods for the following claims:
|Nature of claim||When to file a claim by|
|Wrongful dismissal claims||
Your Corppass admin user or sub-admin user needs to:
- Log in to the Corppass account.
- Go to the e-Service Access tab.
- Select Ministry of Manpower (MOM) from the list of agencies.
- Choose Employment Standards Online (ESOL) as one of the company’s eServices.
- Assign Employment Standards Online (ESOL) eService to the identified authorised company representatives.
- Log in to your Corppass account.
- Go to the assigned eServices tab. You should see Employment Standards Online (ESOL) listed as one of your assigned eServices. If ESOL is not listed as one of your assigned e-Services, please ask your Corppass admin user or sub-admin user to assign the eService to you.
To file, the union will need:
- Company’s contact details.
- Union official’s contact details.
- Union member’s personal and employment details. Include a copy of the union member’s employment contract, if available.
- Brief description of the dispute.