Do take note of the time limit(s) to file your claim(s). If you have general queries on the Employment Act, please contact the Ministry of Manpower.
Make or manage an appointment
Our online appointment is accessible within Singapore only. Please be advised that you will be attended to via a phone call at your appointment timing. Each appointment is allocated 45 minutes. Please remain contactable via the phone number you have provided. Your appointment will be deemed as cancelled if you cannot be reached, and you will have to make another appointment.
You can use this service to make, change or cancel an appointment if you:
- Have an employment or payment-related dispute and need advice on your options.
- Are unsure of your salary-related claim or are unable to file online.
Each advisory session can last up to 45 minutes depending on the complexity of your issue.
Depending on the nature of your claim, you should make an appointment well before the deadline for filing a claim. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for pre-ECT mediation as your claim will be time-barred.
|Nature of claim||When to file a claim by|
If you are approaching the deadline for filing a claim and are unable to secure an appointment, you may consider the following options:
- Filing a claim online using Singpass.
- Walking in to TADM at Devan Nair Institute (for local employees)
- Walking in to MOM Services Centre (for work pass holders)
You will need:
- NRIC or FIN.
- Mobile number for contact information and SMS reminders.
- Email address of employee and employer
- Company Name/Job Title
- Any relevant information and supporting documents, such as your employment contract or key employment terms, termination letter and payslips.
For an effective advisory session, follow these tips:
- Be punctual.
- Keep an open mind to consider options available.
- As each advisory appointment is only allocated 45 minutes, come prepared with relevant information and supporting documents, such as your employment contract or key employment terms, salary payment records and termination letter or service contract (for self-employed persons).
- Take ownership of your dispute and follow up on the options available to help you achieve closure.
- This eService is best viewed with Google Chrome and in incognito mode.
- Clear your cache and disable your pop-up blocker before making an appointment.